Friday, May 11, 2012

Jane Was Here by Sarah Kernochan


Book: Jane Was Here

Author: Sarah Kernochan

Release date (if applicable): Released

Synopsis: Jane turns up in a small New England town claiming memories of the town, yet she has never been there. With her arrival, strange things begin happening to some of the town's people, as well. As Jane's memories reawaken piece by piece, they carry her back to a long-buried secret, while the townspeople hurtle forward to a horrific event when past and present fatally collide. A centuries-old mystery will resolve, and karma will claim its due. (Copied in part from Goodreads. In my attempts, I couldn't give it the justice it deserved!)

My rating: 5 Stars

My opinion: To be honest with the reader of this review, it took a bit for this book to take off for me. Once I got into it, *BAM*, it took off and ended with several twists that I didn't see coming and left me scratching my head (a good thing). This was probably one of the most unusual books I have read this year. I have owned it for a bit, but as things happen and books pop up, I found myself distracted by other books given to me or ones that were on my TBR list and shoving it to the side. It took a book challenge to shove it to the front of my TBR list. Now I wish I would have gone with my gut instict and read it earlier!!

This book is a prime example of why I prefer indie authors and publishers (Grey Swan Publishing) over big house publishers any day of the year! This book and the author came in with a fresh concept (one I didn't see coming). Ms. Kernochan could get off the porch and compete with any of those big publishing house author dogs any day of the week.

I am so happy that I stalked this author for Sisterhood of the Traveling Book when she was first published. My initial gut instinct was that Ms. Kernochan was a talent unfolding before our eyes and that instinct was right on target!

Source: Purchased

Would I recommend? :  Why yes I would!!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone




No comments:

Post a Comment