Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Thirteen: A Novel by Susie Moloney


Book: The Thirteen: A Novel

Author: Susie Moloney

Release date (if applicable): Released

Synopsis: Paula Wittmore returns to her hometown of Haven's Woods with her daughter, Rowan, to care for what she thinks is her ailing mother. The problem, the town is now run by a coven of witches.

My rating: 1 Star

My opinion: Good Lord, this book was painful. Very rarely do I have a book that I would love to shelve and have me not being able to find SOME redeeming quality. This book had me wishing I didn't write a book blog that I read this for. Can you just say "simplistic"?? There was no character to this book...whatsoever and it fell extremely flat. Part of it came off as whiny, particularly in the teenage daughter.

Furthermore, I felt that readers had too many characters thrown at them so it really came off as "schizophrenic".  It was incredibly difficult to keep all of them straight.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? :  Absolutely not!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone


No comments:

Post a Comment