Monday, June 4, 2012





Book: Once Removed

Author: K.B. Walker

Release date (if applicable): Released

Synopsis: Abby is a new teacher at a school and has grown fond of 12 year old student, Beth. Beth is hiding secrets, so is Abby. Can Abby help Beth tell her secrets? When Beth disappears, police, the school and the community feel that Abby is behind it. Is she?

My rating: 5 Stars

My opinion: I must admit that I was kind of skeptical going into this 133 page book that it would be as good as the reviews that it was receiving on Goodreads.  Reviewers were dead on. In this short book, the author was able to write a gut wrenching story which got into my heart! I loved how the 12 year old, Beth was described and the rawness of her emotions were written. There were times that I was on the edge of my seat and just wanted to wrap my arms around her and take away her pain. I absolutely love books that have the ability to accomplish that with me. It is a rare occurrence. I was impressed because the story was compact but didn't carry itself that way.

Source: Reviewed for the author

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone


No comments:

Post a Comment