Monday, July 30, 2012

Never Tell (Ellie Hatcher Book 4) by Alafair Burke


Book: Never Tell (Ellie Hatcher Book 4)

Author: Alafair Burke

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: 16 year old "rich", wild child Julia Whitmire has everything to live for, so why is she found in a bathtub with her wrist slashed in an apparent suicide? Was she hiding a secret life from her parents or was there something and someone much more sinister in her life?

Ellie Hatcher must get to the bottom of Julia's death which includes interviewing a group of "precocious" teens such as Julia. Are one of them involved in her death or does it have to do with sexual abuse blog that Julia frequently visits?

My rating: 4 stars

My opinion: Each Alafair Burke book I read, I like this author a little bit more. Ms. Burke, as usual, has done a wonderful job at keeping readers guessing as to cause of fate for the young woman. Finally, she is wonderful at weaving twists in her books which seems to be a standard comment in other reviews written for her books. This book was no different.  This was a book that I, literally, had to go back and reread the ending a couple of times because I truly didn't see the end coming. I love it when a book can do that because it is rare.

In my opinion, lovers of authors such as Tess Gerritsen, Louise Penney and, somewhat, Chevy Stevens will enjoy the works of Alafair Burke.

Now, I have to be honest with the reader of this review. I accidentally read this book out of order not realizing that it was part of a series. Although, I would encourage readers to read series in order simply because of extensive character development of the main protagonist and it was evident in this series, I don't feel that I missed too much. That will not stop me from going back and starting the series though!

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Oh yeah!!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of Series


No comments:

Post a Comment