Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Brevity of Roses by Linda Cassidy Lewis



Book: The Brevity of the Roses

Author: Linda Cassidy Lewis

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Jalal Vaziri has a very bad habit. That is the habit of running away when he has anything uncomfortable happen in his life...whether real or perceived. Things that make him run away...his father's disappointment in him and his life choices, his failed relationship with Meredith, an older woman,  and career mistakes. But then Jalal meets Renee, a bubbly down to earth waitress, 17 years his junior...running away won't be so easy this time. Maybe what Jalal was determined to be reality isn't reality after all!

My rating: 4.5 Stars

My opinion: I must admit that I loved this book. It was an intelligently written romance...although, I think it fit more into simply a contemporary genre due to the "moral" of the story being something much deeper than one would find in a traditional romance novel.

As a debut author, I was particularly impressed with Ms. Lewis' ability to weave an intricate story line while developing characters so rich and deep that one felt they were in the scenes as dialogue was occurring. Even the description of scenery was done in such a poetic fashion seen more in her more published contemporaries.

I absolutely love it when I find authors (or they find me), such as Ms. Lewis, because it is wonderful to find a rock star just beginning to shine and one can say "Yep...I knew her when!"

Source: Author

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone



No comments:

Post a Comment