Friday, September 28, 2012

Bad Little Falls (Michael Bowditch #3) by Paul Doiron


Book: Bad Little Falls (Michael Bowditch #3)

Author: Paul Doiron

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Michael Bowditch has been moved from his station to a new one, yet trouble still follows him. This time, two men are targeted in the frigid Maine winter. One lays dead of a gunshot wound and one suffers from frostbite which almost kills him. It turns out that the one laying dead is a well known drug dealer, but is the frost bitten man his murderer or another victim? The answer lies in the diary of a young boy and Mike must decipher the codes to answer the questions which could get him killed this time.

My rating: 4 stars

My opinion: I call Paul Doiron's writing a cross between Steve Hamilton (Alex McKnight) and CJ Box. Although, the storylines aren't spectacular, the character of Michael Bowditch is and that is enough to carry the story. Bowditch has a cynicism and sarcastic wit that just leaves me laughing throughout the read.  

I felt there were certain scenes in this book that were almost used to prop up a weaker storyline than what was needed thus, I ended up marking it down a full star versus my other reviews of his work. This one simply had the feeling that it was "forced" out to me which is totally different from the other books in the series.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series

No comments:

Post a Comment