Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Dragontamer's Daughters Part 2: Stormcaller


Book: Dragontamer's Daughters Part 2: Stormcaller

Author: Kenton Kilgore

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: The series continues with the healing of the dragon Pearl. With her healing, it is difficult for the sisters, Isabella and Alijandra to keep her a secret and people want Pearl for their own purposes. Can the sisters keep Pearl and their family safe?

My rating: 5 Stars

My opinion: This series just really made my heart happy and my mouth smile! I must say that I continue to love this little series targeted towards a pre-teen to early teen audience. What a wonderful, CLEAN and engrossing introduction this series is to the genre of dystopian literature. This author has done such a light, inviting and fun storyline with wonderful characters and supporting scenery which is done so vividly to encourage children to use their imaginations. That is one of the things that I have been loving about dystopian literature. In my humble opinion, this has been so lacking in contemporary literature targeted towards our youth and it was just what made my heart sing in reading this series.

I must admit to the reader of this review that this was a series I nearly passed on when I was asked to review it due to the genre it fit into and not knowing if there were specifics to reviewing this genre, I reviewed it as a parent looking at a book for a child.

Source: Author for review        

Would I recommend? : Most definitely...in fact, I will be purchasing it as a gift for a preteen family member.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series.

No comments:

Post a Comment