Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Fatal Winter (Max Tudor #2) by G.M. Malliet






Book: A Fatal Winter (Max Tudor #2)
 
Author: G.M. Malliet
 
Release date (if applicable):Published

Synopsis: It is murder most wealthy again in the villages of Great Britain! This time, the victims come from the Chedrow Castle and Max has his picks of suspects. Assisting DCI Cotton, the Vicar Max steps in to help console the grieving relatives and When he starts to develop feelings for someone who technically can be a suspect, is it true love or does she have motives of her own?
 
My rating: 3.5 Stars
 
My opinion: This series reminds me of the Midsomer Murders series. I love the village setting of Nether Monkslip with its' quaintness and cast of quirky characters. Ms. Malliet does a wonderful job at laying out the mystery of the whodunit and gives readers many suspects to choose from. I can't help thinking that this book is a little bit too light compared to the writings of such authors as S.J. Bolton or Val McDermid, so although I do like the novels, I always have difficulties with having them rise to more than 4 stars.
 
Source:   Library      

Would I recommend? : To fans of British mysteries, yes. For those venturing into the genre, I think this is a wonderful series to start with, but begin with the first in the series, A Wicked Autumn.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series:Part of series


No comments:

Post a Comment