Thursday, May 2, 2013

Paris to Provence: Childhood Memories of Food and France by Ethel Brennan and Sara Remington





Book: Paris to Provence: Childhood Memories of Food and France
 
Author: Ethel Brennan
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: A collection of food recipes from France which are intermingled with stories from the author's childhood. 
 
My rating: 5 Stars
 
My opinion:  This cookbook was amazing. Between the author's stories of traveling France and the recipes, I was mesmerized. It made me want to head to Southern France and wine country even more! The pictures in the book of the French countryside really boosted that. Onto the recipes, the author offered a nice selection of recipe pictures. These recipes can be a bit more involved. The author also offered a nice selection of simple, elegant recipes as well.

Certain ingredients might be more difficult to obtain so be prepared for that issue. Although the author does state the ingredients can be purchased online.

As is my standard recommendation, due to the recipes and, particularly the cost of this book, a potential purchaser might want to view this cookbook from the library or a brick/mortar bookstore prior to purchasing. I can say that I enjoyed this book so much that even with the cost, it will more than likely be going in my Amazon shopping cart!

Be sure to keep and eye on The Pub and Grub Forum (http://thepubandgrubforum.blogspot.com/) as I will be featuring recipes from this dynamic cookbook on there!

 
Source: Netgalley for Andrews McMeel Publishing 
       
Would I recommend? : Heck, yes! I might even be purchasing this one. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am going to try a couple for The Pub and Grub Forum. I have a number of things I need to get caught up on and then I am going to be starting a food fest of all the cookbooks I have been reviewing!!! ;)

      Delete