Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Artisan Jewish Deli at Home by Nick Zukin and Michael Zusman






**BE SURE TO WATCH THE PUB AND GRUB FORUM FOR RECIPES FROM THIS COOKBOOK**

Book: The Artisan Jewish Deli at Home
 
Author: Nick Zukin, Michael Zusman
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): September 13, 2013

Synopsis: Mr. Zukin and Mr. Zusman present a fun cookbook featured in Jewish delis across the United States. Recipes include yummy favorites such as blintzes, bagels, latkes, keegal and can't forget the Matzo ball soup. I am salivating as I am writing this review.
 
My rating: 5 Stars
 
My opinion: I LOVED this fun cookbook. Although I would skip the fish recipes, the better chunk of recipes were awesome looking and unique. The book included recipes for some awesome bread recipes, blintzes, bagels, briskets, soups. Simply awesome. The pictures complimented the book perfectly.

A couple of my favorite points were the list of recommended Jewish delis in the US. They also gave locations/websites to purchase some of the more difficult ingredients. Although I must ask...no good Jewish delis in Chicago?

Some may be a bit more difficult for novice cooks, so maybe figure out a way to take a look at it from a brick/mortar store or a library prior to purchasing.

A special note on the publisher of this cookbook. I have yet to give cookbooks produced by Andrews McMeel Publishers less than 4 stars. I have ended up purchasing each of the books I have reviewed. This book will also head into my Amazon cart. 

 
Source:  Netgalley forAndrews McMeel Publishers
     
Would I recommend? : Yes
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

**BE SURE TO WATCH THE PUB AND GRUB FORUM FOR RECIPES FROM THIS COOKBOOK**

No comments:

Post a Comment