Monday, June 3, 2013

Twisted: A Novel by Marjorie Brodie







Book: Twisted: A Novel
 
Author: Marjorie Brodie
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Sarah is the victim of a crime at a school dance. She decides to keep it her secret. Judith, a pregnant 18 year old school mate of Sarah, has secrets of her own. Sarah, confides her secret to Judith who feels that she should come clean with her secret. Problem is Sarah disagrees and will do anything to keep her secret. 
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: This book was totally different than what I thought it was going to be. I was expecting a mystery and it was FAR from it. It was good. I am happy I read it, but wouldn't call it ROCKIN'. It simply didn't stand out to me. 

The writing and character development was good, but it almost felt preachy in its writing. It then took a turn to drama central. On that note, it is considered a young adult novel, so I cut it some slack for that.
 
Source: Netgalley for Belle Bridge Books  
     
Would I recommend? : Not to adult readers. YA or lovers of YA...sure.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment