Saturday, July 13, 2013

Homemade Summer by Yvett van Boven






Book: Homemade Summer
 
Author: Yvette van Boven
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: From Goodreads:

Home Made and Home Made Winter blew readers away with their stunning packages, delicious recipes, beautiful photos, step-by-step instructions, and hand-drawn artwork throughout. Now, in Home Made Summer, Yvette van Boven takes the same signature approach and presents her absolute favorite recipes for spring and summer. Inspired by her childhood in Ireland and her frequent sojourns in France, van Boven has created a collection of recipes that will truly inspire you to step into the kitchen. Using seasonal ingredients, such as freshly picked apples and berries, delicate summer lettuces and fresh herbs, she presents recipes for Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch, Snacks, Beverages, Appetizers, and Dessert. 

My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: I found this book to have interesting recipes, but only a very small handful that I would say tickled my fancy or moved me to make them. The pictures were beautiful and I loved the "down home" journal feeling to the cookbook. As for recipes though, I preferred the book Paris to Provence more than this one. Both were from the same region of France.
 
Source:  Library
      
Would I recommend? : Take a look at a print one at a brick/mortar store or library first, but yeah, I would take a gander.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

No comments:

Post a Comment