Monday, September 30, 2013

Asylum by Madeline Roux





Book: Asylum
 
Author: Madeline Roux
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: 16 year old outcast Dan Crawford has the opportunity of a lifetime when he is able to attend a summer program at a prestigious school. This isn't any school though. In its former life, it was an asylum for the criminally insane and has some secrets to hold. 

Dan quickly sheds his outcast stigma when he quickly makes two friends, Abby and Jordan. When weird happenings start to occur, they go on a hunt to find the truth. Will they make it through the summer or do others have plans to include them in the school's history?
 
My rating: 2 Stars
 
My opinion: I have to say that given the cover, which is gorgeous, I expected a creepier read. This book just seemed to be much more of a romance and the romance dance. I thought it also had WAY to much drama for my liking that was used more to prop up the story. This led to the book lacking any creepiness.  One other thing that stood out to me was that the pictures included in the book, which were photos from history, seemed to be simply thrown in there. There was no rhyme or reason for how they fit into the storyline.

 Appropriate for older younger adult genre to new adult genre. 
 
Source:  Harper Collins
      
Would I recommend? : Maybe someone younger will find the book creepier, but I couldn't just warm up to it. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment