Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Let Me Tell You About Whisky by Gavin Smith









Book: Let Me Tell You About Whisky: Taste, Try and Enjoy Whisky From Around the World
 
Author: Gavin Smith
 
Narrator (if applicable):N/A

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Mr. Smith gives excellent lessons into the characteristics of whiskeys from around the world, as well as a history of the liquor.
 
My rating: 5 Stars 
 
My opinion: This book is a must have book for the mixologist, home bar owner and whiskey novice or aficionado. This book was so beautiful that it is definitely a book that I could see simply being used as a "table" book in a home bar.

I found this book to be incredibly detail oriented and concise with topics ranging from varieties of whiskeys and differences in the "varietals", tastings, how to serve, etc. Not being a huge whiskey drinker, but having the desire to be conversant in the topic, I have read several books on this subject and would say that this one is the best.

On an end note, the pictures were GORGEOUS. 

 
Source: Anova Books  
     
Would I recommend? : See Above
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment