Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Small Town Girl by Ann H. Gabhart





Book: Small Town Girl
 
Author: Ann H. Gabhart
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: A continuation of Angel Sister, the Merritt sisters are growing up. In Small Town Girl, Kate watches her older sister marry the man whom she has had a crush on for years and she is heartbroken and withdrawn. Too withdrawn to recognize the flirtations of Jay Tanner, the best man. 

When WWII hits, even the small town  Rosey Corner is affected. Just when Kate has warmed up to Jay Tanner will she lose him forever when he enlists in the Army?
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: HELLO, HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL!!! Let me preface this to say that I am not a huge fan of 85 percent of the Christian fiction literature produced today due to finding it preachy. HOWEVER, Ann Gabhart works for me. Her work is NEVER preachy or condescending and the stories always warm me from my heart down to my toes. This was the case with Small Town Girl. 

Her characters were warm, welcoming and real, and, to boot, the story was incredibly well written and engrossing. I found my sucked into the story like I have been with some of my favorite Janette Oke books. The story laid out well and in good time without lagging or dragging and felt very real. 

Although, this book is number 2 in the series, it could very easily stand on its own.

Just good writin'!   
 
Source:  Revell
      
Would I recommend? : Yes. Ann Gabhart was actually recommended to me. I have always been thrilled that she was.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of Series (Angel Sister #1 in series)

No comments:

Post a Comment