Friday, October 4, 2013

The Widows of Braxton County by Jess McConkey



Book: The Widows of Braxton County
 
Author: Jess McConkey
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Newly married Kate Krause is ready to settle down when she marries Joe Krause and moves to his Iowa farm.  Life isn't quite as she was expecting when his mother lives with them, chores take up the majority of her life and family secrets threaten to ruin everything she has wanted. 
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: While I found myself enjoying the story in general, I couldn't help but feel that the writing was amateurish in style. This shocked me because this is an established writer, but it simply had a simplistic feeling to it and the flow of the story had me scratching my head periodically for how she had the story progress and word choice.

Source: William Morrow
       
Would I recommend? : Maybe. I am really on the fence of this one. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

No comments:

Post a Comment