Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Seance Society: A Mystery by Michael Nethercott





Book: The Seance Society: A Mystery 
 
Author: Michael Nethercott
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Reluctant PI Lee Plunkett is called in to solve the mystery of the murder. To assist him, he brings in Irishman, Mr. O'Nelligan, who has a keen eye for solving the most complicated mysteries. He will need O'Nelligan's help with this creepy cast of characters, including a surly medium and a former madam. 
 
My rating: 2 Stars
 
My opinion: This book was BLAND! There was a bit of sophomoric feeling to the writing that just didn't suck me into the book. It didn't help that I couldn't warm up to ANY of the characters, AT ALL!
 

It simply felt as though the story was simply there. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't finish the book. It just took a very long time to get there from a short, less than 250 page book which I should have been able to wrap up in one evening. 
 
Source: Publisher for review
      
Would I recommend? : No
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment