Saturday, November 16, 2013

Winter Chill by Joanne Fluke



Book: Winter Chill
 
Author: Joanne Fluke
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Marian Larsen's husband and daughter are in a snowmobile crash. Her husband survives, but her daughter dies. Is this accident truly an accident or is there something much more sinister going on?
 
My rating: 2 Stars
 
My opinion: I have enjoyed Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen mysteries even though they are considered to be cozy mysteries and have to admit that I have grabbed a couple of cookie recipes out of those book that have thrilled my recipients. When I saw this non-cozy mystery by her, I jumped at the opportunity to review it. It was thoroughly disappointing.  Because her other series is fun, it was more engaging than this book.

The writing in this book feel incredibly flat and was WAY too light. It almost had the feeling that the writing simply went through the motions. With characters that didn't rise to the same level of fun as in the Hannah Swensen books, this had the feeling of being a dime a dozen book.
 
Source: Netgalley for Kensington Books
        
Would I recommend? : Nah, go with her Hannah Swensen series.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment