Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Welcome Home Mama and Boris: How a Sister's Love Saved a Fallen Soldier's Beloved Dogs by Carey Neesley





Book: Welcome Home Mama and Boris: How a Sister's Love Saved a Fallen Soldier's Beloved Dogs
 
Author: Carey Neesley
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Peter and Carey always had a close relationship. After 9/11, Peter joins the military and is sent to Baghdad. While there, he becomes close to 2 dogs, a mama and her pup, who wander their way into camp. He has already seen 3 of the Mama's pups die by getting hit by cars and wants to protect the last two dogs. Forbidden by the military to have the dogs, he and fellow soldiers keeps the dogs hidden as they know they are certain for death if they are returned to the streets of Baghdad. Peter tells Carey talk about the dogs in communications, so when Peter dies suddenly, Carey makes it her mission to save these two much loved dogs.
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: I have to admit that I would have liked to have seen this 150 page memoir longer. I felt that it had a magazine article feeling to it that due to the length lost its warmth for this important story.  There are numerous organizations that were just touched on that were really important to the story that I would have loved to see further described.
 
Source:  Publisher for review
      
Would I recommend? : Yes, it is a cute short read, particularly for the dog lover, like me.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment