Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Last Dead Girl (David Loogan #3) by Harry Dolan





Book: The Last Dead Girl (David Loogan #3)
 
Author: Harry Dolan
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Sometimes fate isn't your friend. David Malone is reminded of this when he comes across a stranded motorist, Jana Fletcher, on a dark, rainy night. Jana is sporting a really ugly black eye, but won't disclose the details of it. The unintended pick-up quickly turns to romance, which quickly ends when Jana is brutally murdered. David becomes the #1 suspect, but won't take it lightly and sets out to find the true killer.
 
My rating: 4 Stars and damned near 5! 
 
My opinion: HOW DID I MISS THIS AUTHOR?!?!

Excellent mystery that kept me guessing with a great twist at the end that I didn't see coming. I love that in a mystery.  Loved the protagonist, David, definitely an inviting character who was a hoot, to boot. Definitely a character I could see in a series that I would be waiting with anticipation for new releases.
 

My husband also loves this book, evidenced by him taking over my Nook and me having to read it when I could get it away from him. In other words, this can be considered two 4 star ratings in one review. Both of us have stated that we will be reading the next books in the series.

Both of us have compared David Malone to Steve Hamilton's Alex McKnight or the sister writing duo, PJ Parrish's, Louis Kincaid. These two just happened to among our favorite contemporary authors, so for us to make that stretch it is a high compliment!! 
 
Source: Penguin Books for review
       
Would I recommend? : At this point, I am recommending this series to anyone who will listen.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: This book is listed as #3 in the series, but it is actually a prequel and a great place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment