Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Storycatcher by Ann Hite





Book: The Storycatcher
 
Author: Ann Hite
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Set in the Depression era religious South, secrets are abound. Tyrannical Pastor Dobbins is at the center of all those secrets.  How deep do those secrets go?
 
My rating: 3.5/5 Stars
 
My opinion:  I just didn't find this book scary as some of the other reviewers. Was it atmospheric? Yes, but more for the "holler/mountain setting" versus the storyline.
 

I must admit that I really loathe books told in multiple POV. This book was, so the book needed to be followed very carefully. I must admit that it tended to irritate me.
 

I loved that the author included genealogical information, plus the map of the town. It made the navigation of the book slightly easier. 
 
Source:  Publisher for review
      
Would I recommend? : Not as much as the novella, Lowcountry Spirit, (review) which was also published last year.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment