Monday, July 7, 2014

That Night by Chevy Stevens





Book: That Night: A Novel
 
Author: Chevy Stevens
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Toni Murphy has your typical teenager life. A boyfriend she loves and an annoying, "Eddie Haskell" sister that are coupled with a bully clique that is determined to make her life a living hell. Her world spirals out of control when her sister, Nicole, is found brutally murdered and Toni is convicted of her murder. Toni is innocent and, after her release from prison, she will stop at nothing to find who the true killer is even if it means going back to prison. 
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: That Night give readers the typical high quality Chevy Stevens writing. Although the greater majority of this book was told in two different time lines, Ms. Stevens pulled it off perfectly. Normally, I complain about this, but have noticed that this author has a knack for doing it flawlessly.

I have to admit that I found it disappointing that I did figure out the ending about 1/2 way through, but the author did offer several alternative possibilities that she could have went down.

I still prefer Still Missing as my favorite Chevy Stevens book, but this is a very close second.

 
Source: Publisher for review
        
Would I recommend? : I have and it is Sisterhood of the Traveling Book's July Book of the Month.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment