Sunday, October 25, 2015

Mist of Midnight by Sandra Byrd





Book: Mist of Midnight: A Novel (Daughters of Hampshire #1)

Author: Sandra Byrd

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Rebecca Ravenshaw returns from a tragic stay in India that included the deaths of both her parents and brother to find out that an imposter has stolen her identity. The imposter long since died, but has left a path of destruction in her path. 

At the mercy of Captain Luke Whitfield, who received the balance of the inheritance, as well as the manor of Rebecca's father, she finds herself falling in love with him while in his care. 

Does the Captain return Rebecca's love or just want to hang onto the inheritance?

My rating: 2 Stars and I am being generous. 

My opinion: OK... I will admit it. I am not a fan of Harlequin style romances. Gotta say that I am a closet lover of Gothic style romances though. Throw out a comparison to Bronte and I am intrigued. 

The book failed miserably and was more of a Harlequin style of romance book than any comparison to Bronte. Publishers Weekly should be ashamed of themselves. 

Characters were flat and story line was more than predictable. The only thing missing was the headless, bodice focused cover. 

Highly disappointed. 

Source:Publisher for review

Would I recommend? : For those liking the Harlequin style romances. Otherwise...no.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: First in series

No comments:

Post a Comment